The New Haven Schools Foundation sponsors several ongoing grant programs that directly aid our students and teachers.
- Pathways to Success – Community scholarship program for graduating seniors.
- Innovations in Education – Classroom grants for teachers.
- Project: Enrichment – Grants for co-curricular & extra-curricular programs.
- Brian Kelly Tutoring Program – Support for academic tutoring programs.
- Virgnia Swihart Beginning Teacher Fund – Grants for new teachers for classroom supplies.
The New Haven Schools Foundation provides extra support when a critical need arises effecting education.
- Beginning in 2010, the New Haven Unified School District experienced extreme budget shortfalls when funding from the State of California was cut. The unfortunate news meant that c0-curricular and extra-curricular programs would be significantly cut or curtailed. So, the Foundation partnered with the New Haven Boosters Association (NHBA) to develop a plan to bridge the gap.
- 2011 – 2012 school year: The Foundation donated $50,000, matching the funds raised by the Boosters to “Save Student Activities” and Logan’s 10-10-10 Campaign. A total of $100,000 was raised for activities!
- 2012 – 2013 school year: The Foundation again made a $50,000 matching contribution, teaming up with the same partners for another $100,000 donation.
The Foundation is proud to have been part of solution that helped New Haven’s co-curricular programs to continue serving our talented and deserving students.