Uncertain what qualifications you should require of scholarship applicants?
Here are some examples of the types of criteria you may wish to consider. Note that all of these questions can be answered objectively. In addition to the measurable criteria for each specific scholarship, all students are required to write an essay that tells sponsors more of their story.
- Must plan to attend a two or four year college or university.
- Major in __________ or a related field.
- GPA of _____ or better.
- Participated in the Logan High School ___________ (band, drama, track & field, etc.) program.
- Must have _____ number of community service hours.
- Must be planning a career in ___________.
- Must have a financial or economic need.
- Student must attend _________ school. (If you wish to limit your scholarship to a particular NHUSD school or program.)
- Has overcome a significant family, academic, or emotional hardship. (Include a brief paragraph description of the hardship.)
Generally, four to six criteria are enough to ask students to meet.