2020 Scholarship Program
Pathways to Success
In 2019, New Haven Students were awarded $155,000 in scholarships.
Our scholarship program is open to all students graduating from all high school programs in the New Haven Unified School District. The program is completely online, via the AwardSpring Scholarship System .
- November / December, 2019: Returning sponsors will be provided their fund balances and asked to review qualifications.
- January 15, 2020: Scholarship commitments and qualifications due from sponsors.
- February 1, 2020: Student application period opens.
- February 15, 2020: Funding for all scholarships must be turned in to NHSF.
- March 1, 2020: Application period closes. Student applications must be completed by the end of the day.
- March 2, 2020: Review period opens. Scholarship sponsors and reviewers will read and score applications.
- April 5, 2020: Review period closes. Decisions to be submitted to NHSF. Students will be notified if they have been awarded a scholarship no later than April 30.
- May 21, 2020: Pathways to Success Scholarship Luncheon and presentation ceremony. Students are expected to attend the event to accept their award.
How Our AwardSpring Scholarship System Works
- Student Guide
- Students will complete one general application form online to apply for as many scholarships as they wish.
- Students will automatically be matched to scholarships for which they are initially qualified.
- For some scholarships, students will be asked to provide additional information or documents, as required for each scholarship.
- Students will request letters of reference online, rather than on paper. One letter is required, and up to two additional are optional.
- We recommend reading the Donor information to learn more about each scholarship and its sponsoring organization or family, or about the person whose memory is honored by the scholarship.
- Sponsor information will be sent by email to returning sponsors during December 2019.
- By January 15, we need verification of the dollar amount of your offer, along with notification of any changes to your selection criteria or customization of your scoring method.
- Scholarship sponsors will review applications online.
- Each reviewer will be given a password – up to as many reviewers as you require to make your decisions.
- Sponsors can include a logo or photo on their profile page, along with a description of their organization or honoree. To view yours, go to http://nhsfoundation.awardspring.com, and DO NOT LOGIN. Click on Donors on the left.
- Sponsors will receive most communications from NHSF via email, which saves time, postage, and paper.
- If you are not able to review applications online, please contact the Foundation and we will provide assistance.
Technical Support: Email email@example.com | Phone 888.258.5628, option 2. Support Hours | Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm (all times Central).
You Can Donate to a Scholarship and Help a Student Attend College
Thanks to the PayPal Giving Fund, your credit card donation will be processed fee-free, and PayPal will even donate 1% of your donation to NHSF. Please forward your confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can track it
You can conveniently contribute to scholarships, grants and other Foundation programs by payroll deduction. Donations are tax-deductible and may be directed to one or more of the specific programs. Even small donations add up and make a difference for our students!
Send the completed form to the Payroll Department at the ESC.