How to Claim Your Scholarship
Pathways to Success – Community Scholarship Program
$175,000 awarded in 2020, thanks to our super-generous sponsors.
You may apply for your scholarship funds between July 1, 2020, and January 31, 2021. Request your award after you have enrolled in classes at a two or four-year college or university, or in another accredited program. Verified enrollment in a trade or vocational school is accepted for certain scholarships.
- Provide proof of enrollment in college via AwardSpring. Confirm your address at the same time.
- Email the Foundation to notify us your documents are in the system. email@example.com
- It takes up to 30 days to issue your scholarship funds.
- Use the AwardSpring system to submit the documents required to claim your scholarship funds. This is the same system you used to complete your application. http://nhsfoundation.awardspring.com
- Make sure you change your email in AwardSpring to a personal email address.
- Log in with the original email on file. The email address can be changed by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the upper right-hand corner by the current email address and selecting Account. Change the email address and hit the save button.
- When you log in after July 1, you will see your scholarship(s) listed on your dashboard. Select the scholarship and follow the instructions to upload the documents that prove your current enrollment in school.
- Proof of enrollment must include your name, the school, and the dates of your classes. Acceptable forms of proof are: 1) A copy of your enrollment in classes. Must show your name, the school name, and the dates of enrollment. AND 2) College student identification card.
- Confirm your mailing address. Your check will generally be mailed to the address you have in AwardSpring. Please change this if you move. When you claim your award(s), you may provide a change of address at that time. (Note: Some scholarship sponsors request that the funds be sent to your school’s financial aid office.)
- Important: Send an email to the New Haven Schools Foundation to notify us that your documents are in the AwardSpring system. We do not get notified by AwardSpring, so we ask you to do this so you receive your scholarship more quickly. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It generally takes up to 30 days to process your scholarship request.
- The deadline to claim your scholarships is January 31, 2021. Sorry…No exceptions. Do not wait until the last minute.
Supporting New Haven schools and students since 1981. Nonprofit since 2007.
Project Requests Funded
Grants Awarded Since 2015
Over $1,192,700 in scholarships awarded since 2007 to help New Haven students attend college!
Since becoming an independent nonprofit in 2007, NHSF has awarded over a million dollars to provide scholarships for New Haven students. Our scholarship program was launched in 1981, but becoming a nonprofit clearly enabled us to help more students achieve higher education.
- How to Claim Your Scholarship (Students)
- How to Establish a New Scholarship (Sponsors)
- How to Review and Score Applications (Sponsors)
You Can Donate to a Scholarship and Help a Student Attend College
Thanks to the PayPal Giving Fund, your credit card donation will be processed fee-free, and PayPal will even donate 1% of your donation to NHSF. Please forward your confirmation email to email@example.com so we can track it
You can conveniently contribute to scholarships, grants and other Foundation programs by payroll deduction. Donations are tax-deductible and may be directed to one or more of the specific programs. Even small donations add up and make a difference for our students!
Send the completed form to the Payroll Department at the ESC.