The New Haven Schools Foundation provides a number of different types of grants for teachers and student programs. The dollar amount available for grants of each type varies according to the resources available in each fiscal year. NHSF also seeks out grants available to nonprofits that are offered by outside agencies that may benefit New Haven programs.
- Innovations in Education – Classroom grants for teachers.
- Project: Enrichment – Funding for co-curricular or extra-curricular programs.
- New! STEM – Funding for innovative programs in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Virginia Swihart New Teacher Support – Grants to new teachers for classroom needs.
- Brian Kelly Tutoring Fund – Support for tutoring programs in the New Haven Unified School District.
The Foundation may be eligible for grants from outside organizations that may benefit our students and our schools. Recently, we have received:
- Supervisor’s Challenge Grants, Alameda County Supervisor Richard Valle
- East Bay Community Foundation matching grant
- Science in the Park grant