The Foundation hosts a number of highly-anticipated signature events each year that provide funding for our programs.
- The Scholarship Awards event is held near the end of each school year. Community organizations and individual scholarship funders enjoy meeting their student and a parent, as the awards are presented.
- Our Earth Day activities include an annual poster contest and a timed 5K Fun Run / Walk for people of all ages. The 2023 events was held on April 22, in conjunction with the New Haven Day celebration.
- The Mutt Strut is fun for the Foundation’s four-legged supporters, as well as those with two. The event is held at the historic Masonic Home in Union City, and features games, a pet parade, information and entertainment.
- Our Annual Gala is honors New Haven’s Diamonds in Education. Enjoy great entertainment, including music and casino games. Count on excellent food, friendly bartenders and staff, and of course, decadent desserts.
- The Stars on Stage benefit variety show takes place every other year and presents professional, or near professional, performers.
You Can Make an ImpactOur children are our future, and education is critical to their success.
Anyone can help. Whether you are corporation or an individual, there are many ways to support the New Haven Schools Foundation.
Supporting New Haven schools and students since 1981. Nonprofit since 2007.
Project Requests Funded
Grants Awarded Since 2014
$1,766,874 in scholarships awarded since 2007 to help New Haven students attend college!
Since becoming an independent nonprofit in 2007, NHSF has awarded over 1.7 million dollars to provide scholarships for New Haven students. Our scholarship program was launched in 1981, but becoming a nonprofit clearly enabled us to help more students achieve higher education.